We offer a broad and stimulating curriculum which provides a wide range of learning experiences to ensure that all students have the opportunity to fulfil their potential now and in the future.
Students are assigned to a Homeroom teacher who is responsible for the day to day welfare of the students in their care.
Students in all year levels take part in Religious Education classes. In Year 11 students choose between the pretertiary Studies of Religion and the non pretertiary Religion in Society courses, and in Year 12, between Community Service Learning and Studies of Religion. All students in all year levels also participate in a year level retreat which gives them the opportunity to explore their own spirituality and to grow closer to God.
Year 7 and 8 curriculum
In these year levels the core subjects of Religious Education, English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography and Health and Physical Education are taught by as small a number of teachers as possible to assist students in the transition from Primary to Secondary School. Students are also given the opportunity to develop skills in Performing and Visual Arts, Languages (Chinese and Italian), Design and Technology (Food Studies, Textiles and Design in Wood) and Digital Technologies.
Year 9 and 10 curriculum
Students study the core subjects of Religious Education, English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography (Year 9 only) and Health and Physical Education. Students in Year 10 also undertake Pathways Planning.
In Year 9 and 10 students also select three elective subjects in each year. Elective subjects offered in these years include:
- Performing Arts: Drama, Dance and Music
- Visual Arts: Art and New Media Art
- Technologies: Digital Technologies, Design in Wood, Food Studies, Housing & Interior Design and Textiles.
- Languages: Italian and Chinese.
- Humanities: Behavioural Studies, Geography, Child Studies and Business & Economics
- Sports Science and Outdoor Education
- VET Courses: (Year 10 only) ) Units from Certificate I courses in Hospitality, Certificate II in Community Services and full qualification in BSB10120 Certificate I in Workplace Skills
- Mixed field studies: Extension Program and Project Based Learning
More details of the subjects offered in Year 9 and Year 10 can be obtained from the Course Guides.
Year 11 and 12 curriculum
Students choose from a wide range of TASC and VET courses. Our Year 11 and 12 Course Guide has details of the subjects offered.