Get Setup for Success with the St Mary’s College milangkani program!
The College offers an encouraging and nurturing environment for parents and carers to actively participate with their children in learning opportunities. A variety of play-based educational activities will engage your child’s learning and curiosity in all areas of development.
All families in the greater community with children aged between birth and five years old are warmly welcome to attend.
Setup for Success is a free program.
The name milangkani
milangkani is the palawa kani word for ‘grow’. This name connects with the St Mary’s College vision for the way we are growing our love of learning.
milangkani is run on Mondays (term-time only), from 9.15am-10.45am.
The next session of milangkani takes place on Monday 26 September. Book your place here.
Registration and booking required
A registration form is required to be completed on your first visit, or via the link below.
To gain an understanding of demand and plan for each session, we request that you indicate if you intend to attend milangkani. Booking forms will be updated on this webpage and emailed to registered parents and carers each week on Monday afternoons. Numbers are currently restricted to 20 children per session.
St Mary’s College is located at 164 Harrington Street, Hobart.
The program is run in the milangkani room, adjacent to the College Green and canteen. Please follow the signage from the Brisbane Street or Harrington Street entrances.
If you require pram and/or level access, please use the entrance at the top of the College on Brisbane Street, near the Nagle Centre and Sr Majella Kelly Women in Science Centre.
Grab a coffee while you’re here! Murphy’s Café is open and available while you attend milangkani, and nice and close by, being located right next to the milangkani room. You are welcome to purchase a barista-made coffee or hot drink, while healthy snacks and lunch items are also available for you and your child or children.
Conditions of entry
Due to current COVID-19 requirements, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure the care of our entire community.
Please note the below conditions of entry.
- Please wear a face mask when inside if you are a close contact.
- We ask that only one adult per family group attends.
- If anyone in your family is unwell or have cold like symptoms on the day you all will be unable to attend that week.
- Use hand sanitiser (provided) upon entry.
- Sign yourself and your child/ren in as you enter the room.
- Adults may be asked to help with wiping down a surface as your child moves from an activity.
- We ask that adults are to be mindful of the 1.5 metres physical distancing where possible to other adults. Please note that children interacting and playing together is encouraged.
All advice will be subject to further consideration in the case of new restrictions or health advice.