Get Setup for Success with the St Mary’s College milangkani program!
The College offers an encouraging and nurturing environment for parents and carers to actively participate with their children in learning opportunities. A variety of play-based educational activities will engage your child’s learning and curiosity in all areas of development.
All families in the greater community with children aged between birth and five years old are warmly welcome to attend.
Setup for Success is a free program.
Sessions are run by early-childhood teacher, Meg Kitchen, and are focused on empowering parents and carers to support their children’s development. Meg has over 13 years of teaching experience and is Class Teacher of Kinder Koalas. She is looking forward to meeting you!
Launching Monday 17 August
Held every Monday during term-time, milangkani is from 9.00am-10.30am.
A registration form is required to be completed on your first visit. You can also preregister here.
St Mary’s College is at 164 Harrington Street, Hobart.
The program is run in the Outside School Hours Care Room (also known as the Year 10 Common Room) adjacent to the College Green and canteen. Please follow the signage from the Brisbane Street or Harrington Street entrances.
If you require pram and/or level access, please use the entrance at the top of the College on Brisbane Street, near the Nagle Centre and Sr Majella Kelly Women in Science Centre.
Conditions of entry
Due to current COVID-19 requirements, we have put in place a number of measures to ensure the care of our entire community.
Please note the below conditions of entry.
- We ask that only one adult per family group attends.
- If anyone in your family is unwell or have cold like symptoms on the day you all will be unable to attend that week.
- Use hand sanitiser (provided) upon entry.
- Sign yourself and your child/ren in as you enter the room.
- Adults may be asked to help with wiping down a surface as your child moves from an activity.
- We ask that adults are to be mindful of the 1.5 meters physical distancing when close to other adults. Please note that children interacting and playing together is encouraged.
All advice will be subject to further consideration in the case of new restrictions or health advice.