St Mary’s College is seeking Expressions of Interest from parents and friends of the College for positions on the St Mary’s College Board, following the ending of generous terms of two of its members.
The Board is looking to appoint Board Members.
Overall, the Board plays an important role in providing sound governance to the College and supporting the Principal through providing strategic advice with respect to:
- Ensuring the College’s vision guides all areas of school life.
- Supporting the development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of proposals for the school’s strategic direction (including for finances, buildings and other resources for the recurrent and long-term effective operations of the College).
- Formulating local policy for the conduct of the school in consultation with the staff, parents, students and volunteers of the College.
- Overseeing the implementation of TCEC policy.
- Supporting the Principal and the Director of Business and Operations in managing the budget of the College.
- Meetings are held on a monthly basis on Monday evenings from 5.45pm to approximately 7.00pm (eight meetings per year).
The positions are appointed following a selection process with the Principal and Board Chair, and for an initial three-year term. Board members can serve a maximum of two terms. The positions would commence in 2018.
Expressions of Interest should be forwarded to St Mary’s College Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 21, 2017 and must include a current Curriculum Vitae outlining your interest in the role and your skills, attributes and experiences that could support the College in its mission of providing Catholic education in the Presentation tradition.
Please contact the Board Chair, Todd Booth at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or the application process.