Expressions of Interest for the position of Board Member are now being invited. Overall the Board plays an important role in providing sound governance to the College and supporting the Principal through providing strategic advice with respect to:
- Ensuring the school’s vision guides all areas of school life.
- Supporting the development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of proposals for the school’s strategic direction (including for finances, buildings and other resources for the recurrent and long-term effective operations of the school).
- Formulating local policy for the conduct of the school in consultation with the staff, parents, students and volunteers of the school.
- Overseeing the implementation of the Catholic Education Commission Tasmania policy.
- Supporting the Principal and the Director of Business and Operations in viewing the school’s budget.
- Meetings are held on a monthly basis on Monday evenings from 4.30pm to approximately 6.30pm (eight meetings per year)
This position is appointed following a selection process with the Principal and Board Chair and is appointed for an initial three-year term. Board members can serve a maximum of two terms. The position would commence in Term 2.
Expressions of Interest should be forwarded to the Principal firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 29 May 2019, outlining your interest in the role and your skills, attributes and experiences that could support the College in its mission of providing Catholic education in the Presentation tradition.
Please contact the Board Chair Nick Prokopiec, email@example.com, on mobile via 0419 425 168, if you have any questions about the role or the application process.