The Junior School is a vibrant, close-knit learning community for children from Kinder to Year 6. Staff and parents work in partnership to guide each student to their full potential in an environment based firmly on the Gospel values of tolerance, truth and love.
Our well-balanced, child-centred education takes account of varied learning styles and the diverse backgrounds of our students. The curriculum includes a soundly developed literacy and numeracy program, a wide range of arts and science related activities, and many opportunities for involvement in sporting teams. Specialist subjects include Music, Chinese and Physical Education.
All classrooms in the Junior School have access to computers and printers so that the students can readily use appropriate tools for enhancing the learning process. Students are able to:
- produce colourful and well-presented pieces of work.
- use computer-aided learning software to practise skills and reinforce concepts.
- use the internet and email for global classroom projects, research and the development of higher order thinking skills.
We enjoy sharing and celebrating in whole school activities and gather weekly to do this.
From the little ones in Kindergarten to our senior girls in Year 6, every member of the school community is valued and cared for in an atmosphere built upon mutual respect and the recognition of the worth of the individual.
An Outside of School Hours Care program is available for all Junior School students.
For information about enrolling in our Junior School, please contact the Enrolment Officer by email, or telephone (03) 6108 2560.
Additional information is also available in the Junior School Handbook here.
The Fountain is the St Mary’s College e-newsletter, automatically emailed to parents each fortnight.
View previous editions of The Fountain from the list below:
- Wednesday 14 October – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/kNVaVl5
- Wednesday 16 September – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/2Jll02J
- Wednesday 2 September – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/v5zn2K5
- Wednesday 19 August – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/xM8kqnJ
- Wednesday 5 August – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/mMPvomN
- Wednesday 22 July – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/A5D0rE5
- Wednesday 24 June – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/VJqVllM
- Wednesday 10 June – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/gNRDjZM
- Wednesday 27 May – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/bJdvdp5
- Wednesday 13 May – https://inewsletter.co/1Wa22v
- Wednesday 29 April – https://inewsletter.co/vemVBv
- Wednesday 1 April – https://inewsletter.co/Yo5Xgx
- Wednesday 18 March – https://inewsletter.co/vgBD9x
- Wednesday 4 March – https://inewsletter.co/18E5Zx
- Wednesday 19 February – https://inewsletter.co/vQRqeY
- Wednesday 5 February – https://inewsletter.co/vwy9w1
The Alumni News is a newsletter that is sent to St Mary’s College alumni members throughout the year with updates on fellow alumni, the Alma Mater, reunions, upcoming events and more.
View previous editions of The Alumni News from the list below:
- Monday 12 October – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/y503gyM
- Wednesday 11 March – https://newsletters.naavi.com/i/dNyrVgJ
The Alma Mater is our yearly publication. Download as a PDF here.
Our QR Code:
Scan our QR code with your smartphone to visit our site and bookmark us.
What is a QR code?
A QR (Quick Response) Code is one of the most popular types of two-dimensional (matrix) barcodes.
More recently, the system has become very popular outside the automotive industry (for which it was originally designed) due to its high speed readability and large storage capacity compared with the old barcodes (which were designed to be mechanically scanned by a narrow beam of light). The QR code is detected as a 2-dimensional digital image by an image sensor, which converts an optical image into an electrical signal, and is then digitally analyzed by a programmed processor.
It is being more commonly used now on printed matter like in magazines, on signs, on buses, business cards and websites, storing mainly contact details and website addresses.
Download a QR reader for your smartphone here:
Simply download one of the many QR apps onto your smartphone (see link below).
Then scan our QR code with your smartphone to visit our site and bookmark us.
Operating within the Presentation charism, our vision is that St Mary’s College offers a dynamic environment in which young people are able to fulfil their spiritual, academic and personal potential.