We are calling on all creatives to enter their designs in the St Mary’s College 150th Anniversary Art Competition.
The competition, which runs until April 2018, is an exciting opportunity for SMC’s emerging artists to showcase their work at our 150th Anniversary Gala Dinner at the Hotel Grand Chancellor on May 12, 2018.
Along with the coveted title, winners will take home a $150 AdArt voucher and their work will be framed and hung on display at the College.
The competition is open to all current students (Kinder to Year 12), alumni, teachers/staff and parents and friends of the College, with prizes to be awarded in the following categories:
- Junior School ($150 AdArt voucher)
- Senior School ($150 AdArt voucher)
- People’s Choice ($50 AdArt voucher).
Several things to note:
- Submissions can range from 2D and 3D media and must be in the theme of ‘150 years at St Mary’s College’.
- Artworks can be a collaborative piece.
- Size limitations: works should be no larger than 1 metre x 1 metre for both 2D and 3D pieces.
- Work does not have to be framed – we will frame the winning piece/s.
- Judging criteria is based on how effectively the artist/s have addressed the theme of 150 years at St Mary’s College.
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: Final submissions are now due by April 26, 2018 and can be made to the College Business Office (Student Services) or Art department.
So, what are you waiting for? Enter your work today!
Download entry form: St Marys College Art Competition 2018
Terms and Conditions:
- The artwork must be the original work of the artist.
- The winning piece will be acquired by the school.
- The artist gives copyright clearance for their artwork, work might be reproduced as part of publicity.
- The prize is a voucher, not cash.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Entrant is able to enter up to five individual works.
- Judges reserve the right to withdraw any work from the competition that they deem unsuitable.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to collect their work post exhibition.
- All artworks must have the entry form attached to the back of them securely.