Spectators witnessed the outstanding achievements of our rowers at the 2019/2020 Tasmanian clubs championship held last weekend at Lake Barrington.
Congratulations to all rowers for your amazing efforts.
Key results from the championships are as follows:
- Kate Oliver was part of the winning Under 21 coxed four.
- Kate Oliver, Sophie E Robinson and Maddison lamb were part of the Under 21 winning eight.
- Phoebe Teale was part of the winning Women’s Eight.
- Sophie E Robinson and Kate Oliver were part of the Under 19 coxless four.
- Sophie Robinson is the singles champion for Under 19.
Fantastic results by Kate Oliver and Sophie E Robinson, who were the winning pair in both the Under 21 Division and the Women’s Division. They are the youngest duo to have ever won the Senior Championships, what an amazing achievement!
Congratulations to Phoebe Teale, Sophie Robinson and Kate Oliver were chosen to represent Tasmania in the Under 21 Youth Eight at the 2020 National Rowing Championships.
We are so proud of all our rowers.
All age groups are training hard for the upcoming school rowing competitions in lake Barrington. Next is the North West Schools, then Schools championships, then Head of the River – best of luck everyone!