Fun fact: Did you know that St Mary’s College welcomed its first students on February 3, 1868?
To kick off our 150th anniversary celebrations next year, the St Mary’s College is inviting all previous – and current – staff members to attend the ultimate staff reunion, to be held at the College on Saturday 3 February 2018.
The day will be a wonderful opportunity to catch up with past friends from over the years, and for past staff to revisit the College and reminisce on old times.
Afternoon tea will be provided, so please confirm your attendance for catering purposes by January 22, 2018, and don’t forget to spread the word among your own networks – the more people we have join us, the merrier!
We look forward to seeing you there, as we gather as a community to mark this very special milestone in the history of the College.
Please refer to the below flyer for more information and to RSVP:
From the Principal
Latest from the blogs
Upcoming important dates and excursions
Join us at Prize-Giving
Family discounts 2018
Tickets on sale for 150th Anniversary Gala Dinner
Expressions of Interest for Board Members
2018 Sacramental Program
Nano Nagle statue unveiled
Step-Up Day fun
Tackling the Fusion challenge
Year 10s welcome back alumna
Preps leading the way in sustainability
Australian Catholic Youth Festival 2017
SMC rowers make a splash
Junior basketball stars give it their best shot
Midford Uniform Shop update
We are very excited to announce that tickets to our 150th Anniversary Gala Dinner are now available for purchase!
All members of the College community are warmly invited to join us in commemorating our special milestone by attending the dinner, which will be held on Saturday 12 May from 5.30pm at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart.
Buy your tickets at the following link: https://sievents.eventsair.com/st-marys-college-gala-dinner/smc150/Site/Register
You can find more information about key anniversary dates on our website here.
We look forward to celebrating our 150th birthday with you in 2018!
St Mary’s College is seeking Expressions of Interest from parents and friends of the College for positions on the St Mary’s College Board, following the ending of generous terms of two of its members.
The Board is looking to appoint Board Members.
Overall, the Board plays an important role in providing sound governance to the College and supporting the Principal through providing strategic advice with respect to:
- Ensuring the College’s vision guides all areas of school life.
- Supporting the development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of proposals for the school’s strategic direction (including for finances, buildings and other resources for the recurrent and long-term effective operations of the College).
- Formulating local policy for the conduct of the school in consultation with the staff, parents, students and volunteers of the College.
- Overseeing the implementation of TCEC policy.
- Supporting the Principal and the Director of Business and Operations in managing the budget of the College.
- Meetings are held on a monthly basis on Monday evenings from 5.45pm to approximately 7.00pm (eight meetings per year).
The positions are appointed following a selection process with the Principal and Board Chair, and for an initial three-year term. Board members can serve a maximum of two terms. The positions would commence in 2018.
Expressions of Interest should be forwarded to St Mary’s College Principal: email@example.com by December 21, 2017 and must include a current Curriculum Vitae outlining your interest in the role and your skills, attributes and experiences that could support the College in its mission of providing Catholic education in the Presentation tradition.
Please contact the Board Chair, Todd Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role or the application process.