St Mary’s College’s proud tradition of success in rowing has continued with a spectacular performance at the 2018 Head of the River regatta held on 17-18 March at Lake Barrington.
In a wonderful result for the school, SMC finished second overall (by just three points) in the pursuit for the junior shield.
“We must commend all of our rowers on a fantastic end to what has been a very successful season,” SMC Rowing Coordinator, Liz Carter said.
“The girls represented us at the Head of the River admirably and we can all be proud of their achievements.”
Thank you to our dedicated staff and the many rowing parents on staff for making the Head of the River such a success.
Full results are outlined below:
- Sophie Robinson, Hannah O’Connell, Summer Carpenter, Kate Oliver coxed by Holly Teale, 1st Under 16 four.
- Summer Carpenter, Kate Oliver, 1st Under 16 double scull
- Phoebe Teale, Sarah Haas, 1st Under 15 double scull
- Bellah Parker, Lizzie Monks, 1st under 13 double scull
- Phoebe Teale, 2nd Under 15 Single scull
Ellie Atkins, 2nd Under 13 Single scull
- Sophie Robinson, Maddie Lamb, Summer Carpenter, Kate Oliver coxed by Holly Teale, 3rd Under 16 Quad scull
- Sophie Robinson, Alana Bellette, 3rd Open Double sculls
- Holly Goward, Felicity Carter, Liliana Radic, Cecilia Hutchinson, coxed by Gabi Radic 3rd, Under 14 Quad sculls
- Cecilia Hutchinson, Felicity Carter, 3rd Under 14 Double sculls
- Summer Carpenter, 4th Under 16 single scull
- Estella Whiting, Keeley Matulin, Matilda Waddington, Stella Devine coxed by Evie Christie Johnston, 1st Under 13 quad scull
- Brooke Sice, Eden Frame, Ella Hutcheon, Bell Thurley coxed by Chloe Skinner, 2nd Under 13 quad scull
- Holly Sice, Imogen Brown, Eliza Mason, Meg Pinelli coxed by Chloe Skinner, 4th Under 14 quad scull
- Hannah O’Connell, Maddie Lamb, 5th Under 16 Double scull
- Ella Hutcheon and Claire Oliver, 5th Under 13 Double Scull
For more highlights, visit: https://flipagram.com/f/1PK8flvDnhn